During the last 15 years, The American-Scottish Foundation® has donated or provided services having a value in excess of $1,000,000 for projects in Scotland, as well as in North America. These include:
- National Tartan Day 2000, 2001, 2002 Washington D.C.
- National Tartan Day 1999-2007, New York City, N.Y.
- Centennial Celebration of New York Public Library branches in five boroughs funded through the generosity of Andrew Carnegie in 1901, 2002-2007
- John Muir Charity Golf Tournament for the benefit of New York City Department of Parks & Recreation and Friends of Van Cortlandt Park Summer Employment Program for Bronx Youth, 1996-2007
- "Hollywood Librarian" Librarians in Film and Society project, 2005-2007
- Signature of Scotland Dinner, New York City, "UK with NY" Festival, 2001
- "Scotland and America: Intimate Strangers?" Symposium "UK with NY" Festival, 2001.
- Unity visit of The Regimental Band of Her Majesty's Coldstream Guards and The Pipes and Drums of 1st Battalion, Scots Guards, October 2001
- Spirit of Scotland Dinner, New York City, 2001
- Commemoration visit of The Pipes & Drums of the 1st Battalion, Scots Guards, October 2002
- Founder National Tartan Day New York Committee, Inc., 2005
- The Dunblane Fund
- The Highland Fund
- The John Muir Trust
- The Burns Statue restoration in Central Park, NYC in co-operation with the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
- The creation, maintenance, expansion, and improvement of The John Muir Trail in Van Cortlandt Park, New York City also in cooperation with the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, 1996 - 2007
- The College of Piping, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- The Vine Trust
Parliament hosts 50th anniversary celebrations of American-Scottish Foundation
Tuesday, 8th August 2006
American Scottish Foundation Internship announced
Monday, 1st February 2005
American-Scottish Foundation announces special member travel benefits to celebrate 50th Anniversary
Thursday, 12 January 2005
Randall Wallace Named Grand Marshall
Thursday, 3 March 2005
For a more information about some yearly events, see the Events page.
John Muir Golf Tournament (20.06.04)
The ASF ran its sixth very successful John Muir Golf Tournament on a cloudess, 70 degree afternoon on the Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course. Read the full story...
Golfer's Grimace (07.06.02)
The "Golfer's Grimace" appeared on the front page of the Riverdale Press. Read the full story...
Tartan Day 2002 (06.04.02)
Vivien Devlin was one of the 70,000 spectators at the spectacular Scottishpower Tunes of Glory parade of 10,000 pipers marching up the Avenue of Americas in New York on Tartan Day. Read the full story...